Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Very Special Day!

Today is February 14th, Valentine's Day. And on this day in 1960, my mother and father were married in the middle of a raging blizzard. Although the weather hindered many of the guests from attending, my Mom's parents included, it certainly didn't hamper the happiness they felt that day.


They were married for forty-seven happy years and raised four daughters. Here we are, my sister Joanne, the 3rd daughter and beautiful bride, Sharen the stunning blond who is the second daughter, Christine the youngest who has grown into a heart-stopping model, and me, the eldest on the end. 
Between us we have eight children in total.


Although my Mom is no longer with us, not a day goes by that I don't hear her gentle voice or remember her giggle. She was the kind of light in this world that is not often seen. I am so proud of my Dad for the courageous way he has carried on without her. I know how much he misses her,
 yet he still finds reasons to be generous, kind and loving.

Happy Anniversary 
Mom and Dad



                                                         Happy Valentine's Day to everyone 
                                                    and may you all find happy, lasting love!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you.
Thanks for visiting the Catch Meadow Cottage Blog!