Sunday, November 11, 2012

So Much Done In A Day!

We really pushed it yesterday. Wherever Michael was installing wainscoting or trim, I was right behind him with a paintbrush and a can of primer!

As you can see, I painted the wainscoting which he installed the day before. This runs from the kitchen to the front entry. He also installed the piece next to the door and all the trim around the front closet. The two lower cupboards in the foreground also have wainscoting applied to each side of them. 


The front entry is all primed now. The closet doors will be installed after the floors are done. 
This is a good picture to see the different widths of pine boards we used for the flooring. 


Here in the distance, you can see the wainscoting on the end panel of the lower cupboard.
On the left of the photo is the new staircase leading down to the basement.


 This photo looks like it's a mirror image but actually this is a shot looking from the living room through the window and into the front entry. As I mentioned in the last post, this window was once the cellar doorway but after turning the stairs around, we created an interior window to let more light into the stairway and to better circulate heat. An unforeseen added plus is that it makes this little cottage seem much bigger.


Here is the living room seen from the kitchen. I are still collecting flat stones from the property to install around the fireplace but my efforts have been thwarted by hunting season. Now I only have Sunday's to look for rocks. (Sunday's are the only days, through the month of November, that hunting is not allowed)


Although this photo doesn't portray it very well, the new paint in the bathroom looks much brighter and helps to make the room seem bigger. This photo was taken after dark but I assure you, it will be light and lovely when completed. I repainted the entire space yesterday because the first color I had chosen 
was far too dark.  


This is a view of the side of the panty in the kitchen. Instead of leaving it blank, I thought it would be fun to have a chalkboard in the kitchen. I asked Michael to make some trim to go around it and I painted the top half with blackboard paint while he wainscoted the bottom. 
Once it dries he will frame it with the special trim he made. 


 Michael installed the doors in the bedroom. The smaller one on the right leads to the walk-in closet while the door on the left leads to the hall. Michael still has to add the rosettes to each door top and I must paint it all. I will do that today.


I spotted a large, healthy coyote in the meadow yesterday. He was beautiful! I can't wait to hear him howl on dark starlit nights. Sorry the photo is so blurry. I took the photo through the window.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you.
Thanks for visiting the Catch Meadow Cottage Blog!