Wednesday, October 24, 2012

October Snow

The October weather has been so unpredictable this year. One day it's cold and windy, the next day brings a monsoon rain and the next is as warm as an August day. Imagine my surprise when I arrived at Catch Meadow Cottage yesterday to see it SNOWING in the meadow... 


At least that's what I thought when I first saw it, then I realized that it was just a milkweed snow.

The air was completely filled with puffy white milkweed feathers that eventually floated down 
and covered the ground like a soft, downy blanket.

Milkweed is truly a beautiful plant from spring to autumn. I am discovering so many uses for it.

Even the bluebirds took a moment to enjoy watching the snow fly. 
They stopped at their house yesterday just to bid farewell as they head down South for the winter. 


See you next spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you.
Thanks for visiting the Catch Meadow Cottage Blog!