Monday, December 31, 2012

Cherish Every Moment...

It's hard to believe that Christmas has already come and gone. Life scoots by so fast that I am constantly reminded to grab hold of every second, and cherish it. Tonight we will welcome in the 
New Year of 2013, and I have promised myself that I will strive to live in the moment from now on. 
It's important to enjoy the simple things in life. 

For example, my dear Auntie Edith and Uncle Bob sent us this sweet little Hearth Cricket for Christmas. He is meant to bring good fortune and good luck to my new home, and I just adore him. 
So far he has brought lots of snow, which is a very good thing.

 

                       A few days after he arrived, we got the first big snow. Eight inches to be exact.

                                                     On Saturday night, ten more inches arrived!

     Yesterday I asked my 17 year-old neighbor, Isaac, to blaze some trails around the meadow with his  
      snowmobile. Now I can cross-country ski, snowshoe, and walk.


                                  Shortly after he was done, I headed outside to check out the trails.

                                                        I made sure I was bundled up.

After my walk I enjoyed another gorgeous sunset over the meadow.

                            This morning I woke to this scene. Cherishing every moment indeed!

I wish you all a very healthy, happy, and prosperous New Year. 
May a lucky Hearth Cricket come to call at your home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you.
Thanks for visiting the Catch Meadow Cottage Blog!