Thursday, July 5, 2012

Flowers Galore

 A few days ago, while checking out a large rhododendron that will have to be moved within a few weeks,  I caught a glimpse of a little pink bud poking it's head out from behind the knee high weeds in the garden by the side of the house. When I pushed the grass away I discovered a lovely little rose bush. Because the buds had not opened yet, I was not sure what it would look like.


What a delightful surprise I discovered yesterday when I checked the rose again. It is so bright and fragrant and hopeful! I will have to find a better place for it because where it is now is not sunny enough and I'm actually surprised it's done this well in that spot. Obviously it's a very hardy rose.


The meadow provides bouquets of gorgeous wildflowers. The fragrant heliotrope fills the air with it's delicious aroma and all around, the black-eyed susan, crown vetch, 
daisies and Queen Anne's Lace bloom. 


Milkweed flowers are everywhere too, so of course, we have hundreds of Monarch butterflies fluttering by each day.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you.
Thanks for visiting the Catch Meadow Cottage Blog!